Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thoughts & Realizations

So, after deciding that I'm poly, bi, and kinked, all within the last three months, I've come to a rather startling realization.

I'm in a sexual minority.

Having been mono het vanilla for most of my life, that's a bit odd. I was having a debate with my female interest about politics, and she mentioned that many republicans wanted to punish her for the choices & orientations in her personal life.

Which I suddenly realized applied to me as well.

I've always been angry on behalf of groups that were being oppressed in some way, and then I've always been able to walk away to my nice little straight edge life. I've never felt like the oppressed group before. (Well...except for nerddom. But no one thinks of that as an actual issue. *grumbles*) And the truth is, it hasn't sunk in for me yet. It probably won't until someone makes a disparaging remark about something I've done in my sex life, and how perverted and wrong it is. (One of my interests needs to play with me. I want to do things that are perverted and wrong. *whines* My female interest is moving really slow, which is great, except I really want to jump her. *whistles innocently*)

I was really bothered by the sex toy ban in Texas, because that was a really visible example of stupidity. I have always been of the opinion that the government has no place in my bedroom, but I guess most instances of this kind of thing (sodomy laws, etc.) are either old enough that they aren't news or they just aren't news to most people because "those people are perverts anyway." And so I just never heard about them til now.

What an interesting attitude adjustment.

No comments: