Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kink

Still coming to terms with this 'having a kink' thing. I mean, at least on the surface, BDSM is not that hot to me. I think I would actually find it really hot and be really into it, but just hearing about it doesn't get me hot. I so much as read accounts of erotic hypnosis, bad hypnosis erotica, talk about the fundamentals of hypnosis, and I'm turned on.

So what gets me is not that something sexually non-normative is appealing to me. 'Appealing to me' means that I'd be open to it and doing it would get me hot. Sex, for instance, appeals to me, because it's fun and there are orgasms. Sex by itself doesn't get me hot. Hypnotism is straight up, bowl me over, no questions asked, an actual turn-on for me.

So let's think about this one for a bit: hypnotism is sexier to me than sex.

Is that even true? Will that last, will the idea get old, and not as exciting? Would the reality of hypnotism disappoint?

Also, how exactly does this tie into BDSM? In a D/s relationship, you're fundamentally offering service, regardless of whether you like it, by choice. Which seems good, seems like it could be very hot.

In hypnosis, at least in the ideal fairy world, you don't have control. Not only have you offered yourself to the other person, they have taken you completely. How amazingly, mind-fuckingly hot.

So, if I had to take a guess, I'd say that suggest pretty heavily that I'd enjoy holding up the sub end of a D/s relationship.

What would I want real erotic hypnosis to be like?

Well, I don't actually know that much about how hypnotism works. But first of all, I'd want my partner and I to go to a really brilliant hypnotherapist together and have the hypnotherapist teach my dom to hypnotize me. Cause seriously, don't fuck my brain if you don't know what you're doing.

Once some of those basics were established (that bit seems boring so I'll skip it.) we'd get on with the actual playing. First of all, I would want to be able to remember everything that happened with the playing. Cause doing ridiculous shit is so not worth it if I can't remember it from inside my head. Or at least as an out of body experience or something.

As for the actual playing, the possibilities are endless. Roleplaying with me as some character seems like it would be awesomely fun, or just scenes with me as myself. Ideally the in the roleplaying, I would just be totally convinced that I was that person. (That seems kind of potentially dangerous...put on the list of 'shit to ask hypnotherapist about.')

Which brings me to another interesting question: what about safewords and hypnosis? Would you need one? I hear that you can't do anything under hypnosis that you would be totally unwilling to do in real life, you'll just be less inhibited. That's fine by me. But what if a roleplaying scene gets too psychologically intense or something? (Like if we're doing a rape scene, I dunno.) How would a safeword work, or would I just snap out of it?

Any ideas from my small but awesome readership?

No comments: